How It Works
- Defining Your Goals and Values. All good plans start here. Your goals and values serve as the foundation on which your personal financial plan is built. Do your goals include early retirement? Travel? Is charitable giving important to you? Do you plan to spend down your assets through retirement or pass on a legacy to your loved ones? We’ll work together to coordinate these goals and values with your financial plan to help you achieve financial security while remaining true to your values—even as they change and evolve over time.
- Building Your Personal Portfolio. Every investment portfolio is unique and must be aligned with your personal goals. Each individual investment is analyzed for cost suitability, tax efficiency, performance, risk and diversification. I look at what you currently have, determine whether it matches your goals, and adjust as necessary to help ensure your success.
- Establishing Your Cash Flow. Deciding in advance how you will spend your money helps you make consistent progress toward your financial independence and keeps your plan on track. From managing debt and spending issues, to helping you define an appropriate cash flow for today and the future, I help you set priorities and gain control and confidence over your money.
- Protecting Your Assets. Protecting your assets from risk can be as important to your long-term financial security as growing your savings in the first place. Together we look at your insurance coverage, determining if and where you can self-insure, and what type of insurance you may need to purchase. If you have an employee benefits plan, I will evaluate it and help you make the most appropriate choices to maximize your financial security over the long term.
- Planning and Reducing Your Taxes. Taxes are a reality, but you can avoid making the mistake of overpaying. Tax planning strategies can help you lawfully structure your income and take advantage of the adjustments, deductions and credits for which you qualify.
- Creating Your Estate Plan. Estate planning goes well beyond creating a will. It can also include making provisions for dependents with special needs, addressing medical directives and other end-of-life considerations, minimizing estate taxes, determining when a trust is appropriate, and deciding how to most effectively transfer ownership of a small business. I help you consider each of these important choices, and then coordinate with your attorney for proper implementation.
- Addressing Retirement Needs and Wants. Budgeting, forecasting, taxation, Social Security distribution strategies, and retirement account distribution strategies all play a role in helping you gain the greatest benefit from your lifetime savings. I will help you make optimal choices today and manage your income through global and personal economic changes, so you can achieve your retirement dreams. (I have extensive experience with retirement plans at many regional employers, including Raytheon, The TJX Companies, Pfizer, HP and others.)