Personal Financial Planning
Financial peace of mind comes from attention to many aspects of your life.
To get there, I begin with the basics, working with you to define your personal goals and values, identify your financial challenges and opportunities, and create a tailored, long-term financial plan to serve as your personal path toward financial peace of mind. Ultimately, my goal is to help you build a solid financial structure to support your personal life goals—whatever they may be.
As a client of Drumlin Financial Advisory, your holistic personal financial plan will include ongoing assistance in the following areas:
- Defining Your Goals and Values. All good plans start here. Your goals and values serve as the foundation on which your personal financial plan is built. Do your goals include early retirement? Travel? Is charitable giving important to you? Do you plan to spend down your assets through retirement or pass on a legacy to your loved ones? We’ll work together to coordinate these goals and values with your financial plan to help you achieve financial security while remaining true to your values—even as they change and evolve over time.
- Building Your Personal Portfolio. Every investment portfolio is unique, and it’s critical to be certain every aspect of your own portfolio is aligned with your personal goals. To help achieve this objective, I maintain a complete inventory of your individual investments and analyze each account for cost suitability, tax efficiency, performance, risk, and diversification. I help you understand what you have today, whether what you have matches your goals, and make adjustments as needed to help ensure your success.
- Establishing Your Cash Flow. Deciding in advance how you will spend your money helps you make consistent progress toward your financial independence and keeps your plan on track. From managing debt and spending issues, to helping you define an appropriate cash flow for today and the future, I help you set priorities and gain control and confidence over your money.
- Protecting Your Assets. Protecting your assets from risk can be as important to your long-term financial security as growing your savings in the first place. I work with you to determine how much insurance coverage you need, what risks you can afford to self-insure, where you should purchase insurance, and how much you should pay for it. And to maximize your financial security, I evaluate your employee benefits package and help you make the most appropriate choices to maximize your benefits over the long term.
- Planning and Reducing Your Taxes. You don’t have a choice about paying taxes, but you can avoid making the mistake of overpaying them. Tax planning strategies can help lawfully structure your income and take advantage of the adjustments, deductions, and credits for which you qualify so you pay only what you owe, when you owe it. If you choose to include tax preparation in your retainer, I can also help simplify your life while ensuring our tax planning strategies are correctly reflected on your return.
- Creating Your Estate Plan. Estate planning goes well beyond creating a will. It may involve naming a guardian for minor children, making provisions for dependents with special needs, addressing medical directives and other end-of-life considerations, minimizing estate taxes, determining when a trust is appropriate, and deciding how to most effectively transfer ownership of a small business. I help you consider each of these important choices, and then coordinate with your attorney for proper implementation.
- Providing Answers and Advice—Anytime. If your financial needs are complex, you may choose to work with me on an open retainer. Under this agreement, I am available at any time to answer and address your many financial questions to ensure every aspect of your financial life is managed in a proper and timely manner.
Contact me today to discuss how holistic financial planning can help you achieve your goals and gain peace of mind.